I recently completed a Double Masters program with Monash University and Université Jean Moulin Lyon III, specialising in translating French into English. As part of my studies, I worked as an in-house translator for the Laboratoire Triangle, a social sciences research unit in Lyon, France for six months. I have also been working as a private French tutor for over five years and as a undergraduate-level tutor in English grammar and translation for the past 12 months.
As a recent graduate, I have an in-depth knowledge of translation strategies for varying text types and can offer a fresh and modern approach to translations, tailoring them for your specific needs and their intended purpose.
I specialise in:
- International development
- International affairs
- Social sciences
Outside of studying/translating, I am heavily involved in the Scouting Movement, both as a Rover and an Assistant Venturer Scout Leader. I love outdoor activities, which I am able to participate in with scouts and with my annual involvement at a summer camp, Camp Cooinda, on the Gippsland Lakes.
- Master de Traduction Juridique et Commerciale - Université Jean Moulin Lyon III, France
- Master of Translation Studies - Monash University, Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Global); majors French and International Studies - Monash University, Australia (2009-2012)
- Diploma of Languages (Spanish) - Monash University, Australia (2009-2012)
- Currently Studying Diploma of Business Administration - Holmesglen Institute, Australia.
- 2014 - 6 month full-time internship at Laboratoire Triangle translating academic texts for publication in international journals.
- Subtitling TEDx French talks in English.
- 2013 - Internship in terminology management at Provence Traduction.
- 2012 - 3 month internship in project management at Polaron Language Services.
- Academic journal article for Monash University's French department.
- French history curriculum texts.
- Professional evaluation forms.
- AUSIT - Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators